Monday, September 8, 2014

2014 NCAA FBS Top 25 Ranking for Week 2

I have started my NCAA FBS Top 25 rankings for this season.  As always, I am using data from cfbstats.com, which I highly recommend that you take a look at.  I am continuing to rank teams based on the results from the Complex Invasion College Football Production Model that I have been using for the last few years.  Here are the rankings of teams based on their current on-field actions for the past two weeks.
 
Rank Team
1 Baylor
2 Florida
3 Pittsburgh
4 Georgia Southern
5 Notre Dame
6 Texas State
7 LSU
8 Oregon
9 Oklahoma
10 Texas A&M
11 Arizona State
12 Kentucky
13 Marshall
14 Northern Illinois
15 Utah
16 Arizona
17 Auburn
18 Louisville
19 Tennessee
20 Alabama
21 Nebraska
22 BYU
23 Mississippi State
24 Clemson
25 Missouri


As you can see there are some surprises.  One is that Florida State is not in the Top 25 (currently ranked #53).  I suspect they will rise over the next few weeks as teams at the top now will be falling.

Each week I will be posting the top 25 based on the model.  So check back to see how the model ranks teams soley based on cumulative on-field production.

No comments:

Post a Comment